About Te Ngaru Childcare
On the 1st of May 2013 Te Ngaru Childcare Centre opened its doors under New Management.
Our Centre is located in Manurewa, South of Auckland. The Administration Management body is Nga Puna Limited. Nga Puna Trustees have been actively involved in Early Childhood Education for over 37 years combined.
Te Ngaru Childcare Centre is committed to supporting and teaching our tamariki in a bi-lingual environment that embraces the values and beliefs of nga Tupuna Maori.
Our practices and curriculum are based on Te Whariki (the N.Z Early Childhood Curriculum) which gives guidance for our qualified and caring educators to provide an educational programme to enable and ensure our tamariki become confident, competent learners; leaders of the future.
We will acknowledge Te Tiriti o Waitangi and promote the principles of this document into our daily programme of Te Reo Maori me ona tikanga.
We will continue to establish partnerships and value the contributions of our whanau and the wider community.
Our natural environment in a bilingual setting will promote English and Maori language and Maori customs
All children are unique, worthy and deserved of the utmost respect.
We combine into the learning programme educational aspects and to further enrich the tamariki by developing social, physical, intellectual and emotional skills and individual talents.
Your child will have the opportunity to receive, experience and develop;-
- Te Reo Maori me nga Tikanga Maori
- A healthy and positive self-image
- Achievement through developmental activities
- A stimulated imagination through reading, dancing and music
- Respect for individual and cultural differences
- Guidance and positive reinforcement through acceptable behaviour that leads to independence, self-control and self-esteem
- Growth and co-ordination through various physical activities
- Skills necessary for their easy transition to school
- Concepts of math’s and literacy
- Planned trips away from the Centre
- Full range of activities which will stimulate their desire for learning and experimentation
- A fun and happy environment